Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A milestone (atleast in Mommy's book)

Our morning started off just like every other morning. Madi and I rocked and sang songs as she took her morning bottle around 830 and then instead of having to rock her to near sleep and then put her down (praying that she won't fight it and it won't take me an hour to get her to sleep) I simply placed her in the bouncy and walked away. She sat there for about 10 minutes with her sleepy eyes opening and closing as I waited anxiously outside the door with my fingers crossed, she drifted off to sleep. She took an hour and fifteen minute nap! Woohoo! Such an improvement and a milestone to our normal routine. So while Madi and Joshua both slept, I snuck outside to play in the snow with Molly. It was a fantastic morning with a surprise of snow and having Joshua home!






When I wrote this early this morning Madi had only reached one milestone in my book, but later in the day I believe she has hit her 2nd! 2 in one day!!! Madi has been napping for 3 hours and if you know her crazy sleep patterns or lack thereof you would understand for her to sleep longer than an hour for a nap is a HUGE deal. I don't know if formula is making the difference or if today is just an anomaly, but whatever the case I'm considering it a blessing to have her resting like she needs to!

Test results came back today! Madi has officially been diagnosed with Gerd. Doctor said they would monitor her progress and when she returns on February 7th for he 2month check-up and immunizations they will reevaluate her. Thanks for all your continued prayers!

1 comment:

  1. what beautiful snow pictures and sweet pictures of Madi today. Everyday will bring new milestones...thanks for sharing these with us today. Just knowing now that she has Gerd.....the dr's can work with that....and it may be something that she will grow out of...love to all

    ReplyDelete