Saturday, January 22, 2011

Oh Friday, how you come and go so quickly...

As most of you know, Madi went for her test on Friday. I was so happy they would not be putting an IV into her arm and the test would be nothing but taking images after having her drink some milk with radioactive material (eek!). The tech that assisted us, Donna, was fantastic. She was so attentive to these first time parents and so full of encouragement, concern, and love for not only Madi but us as well. She spent the whole 30 minutes patting Madi and soothing her which eventually put her to sleep and helped put us to ease. Because Madi consistently wheezes they were concerned that she might be aspirating fluid into her lungs, so they informed us they would need to take images of her lungs in addition to her esophagus. After leaving Gateway the first time Joshua and I enjoyed lunch at Logans and then returned a ton of diapers at Target. It was not long into our trip to Target that Miss Madi made herself known and that she was hungry...so we headed back to the hospital for more images.

The three of us were exhausted when we arrived home. Joshua fed Madi and I played with Molly, and then we all took an afternoon nap. If you know me then you know that birthdays are my thing. I feel like a birthday is the most important day anyone can celebrate and should be done BIG.... so for me to forget a good friends birthday is VERY rare. I felt horrible this year with everything going on and my stress level beyond manageable that we both forgot Kelsie's birthday. Because I felt horrible (which does not even do my feelings justice) I decided that I would have to do something BIG for to make it up to her. So, what better way than to spend Friday night having dinner at the Melting Pot? It was Kelsie's first time, and I really think she loved the experience. We had AMAZING cheese fondue, shrimp, steak, scallops, chicken, etc, salad, and we concluded the dinner with the smore's chocolate fondue. So heavenly! What a perfect way to end the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment